Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sew crazy for my baby!

No, I did not make an error!

This weekend, I decided I would stop procrastinating and start working further on my cloth diaper stash. I didn't actually sew any diapers.. but I managed to make 2 fleece soakers, and a third which is not finished yet. I've also sewn 2 pairs of baby legs (leg warmers for when baby needs their legs covered but their fluffy butt is too bulky for pants) and I found two wool sweaters at goodwill to make into soakers as well.

I got sew (ha! get it?!) excited about making the fleece soakers that I didn't bother to check C's measurements before I constructed them. Two of them... using the last bit of the lovely purple fleece I found in my giant mess of fabric. I made them a size small... and ironically enough- they are just that. She was asleep when I finished them last night, so when she woke up I excitedly changed her diaper and went to try on the soaker to find that I couldn't pull it up over her hips. :'( My baby is too big for a size small!!! Also this weekend, I had to adjust the straps in her car seat to the top slot. My baby is growing up!

So, I'm going to have to find someone in the area who has a newborn, or a CD baby who fits into a size small soaker. I'm glad I didn't try this with wool first! I have enough with the two sweaters to make 2 pairs of longies (or shorties.. probably shorties) and 2-3 soakers.

Also, when Neil gets paid I'm definitely heading back to target to buy more socks to make more baby legs with. They're long enough that they'll fit forever and a day and the socks I used to make them were only 1.75 for each pair. Baby legs run for 18 bucks a pop!

Also also.. I put a sleeper on her today that's for 6 months and it actually fits pretty good. Lots of growing room, but it looks much like the 0-3 sized sleepers did when I first brought her home. Where on earth have the last 4 months of my life gone? Somebody hit the pause button for me please!

No comments:

Post a Comment